SAVE THE DATE: May 14th, 2022, NOON - 11 PM
May 14th, 2022 • Noon - 11 p.m. • Travis Park
Taco Fest features the greatest offering of San Antonio tacos ever assembled. A feast for the senses, Taco Fest celebrates San Antonio’s unofficial dish, with tacos from dozens of restaurants, taquerias, and food trucks. Every vendor will have at least one $2 taco option, and taco vendors will compete in a variety of categories - from Breakfast to Puffy and everything in between!
Taco Fest will have showcase live and DJ music stages with national, regional, and local acts.
Fun for the whole family, children under 10 are free!
General Admission Tickets include:
- Admission to Taco Fest and access to the main music stage (tacos will be available for purchase, starting at $2)
- Access to art vendors, games, Free Community Stages and cooking demos
Limited VIP Tickets Include:
- VIP Cantina with lounge and expanded seating
- Two-tiered viewing deck
- Dedicated restrooms with air-conditioning
- (4) vouchers for tacos from participating restaurants
- (2) drink tickets
- Specialty VIP cocktails
- Exclusive Firestone & Robertson Whiskey Bar
- Exclusive Deep Eddy Vodka Bar
- Custom Tio Pelon Salsita x Taco Fest salsa jar
- Dedicated wifi provided by AT&T Wireless
- AT&T Wireless charging station
- Lyft promo code
Congratulations to all the TACO FEST 2019 winners!
Check out these galleries from the 2019 Taco Music Fest!
Ay Que Rico • Backwoods BBQ y Tacos • Chela's Tacos • Mi Frijoles Catering • Mr. Meximum • Plantaqueria • Restaurant Don Pablo • RGV Barbacoa • Sangria on the Burg • Stixs & Stone • Tomatillos • Vera's Barbacoa • Restaurant Don Pablo • Puffy Tacos • Estella's Mini Tacos • Backwoods BBQ y Tacos • Holy Smoke BBQ • Taco Bite • WesTexasTakoz&Popperz • Orderup • Carnitas Don Raúl • Patty's Taco House • A Little Taste of Heaven on a Stick • Frankie J's Fruit Bar and Grill • EL Señor Fish Seafood Bar • Plato o Plomo?! • Guerito’s Red Tacos • Taco Blvd • Mi Taquito
More added daily!
Kinky • Santiago Jimenez, Jr. • Luna Luna • El Dusty • FEA • Piñata Protest • El Conjunto Nueva Ola • Mariachi Las Alteñas • Bombasta • and more!
Maverick Plaza Stage
Los #3 Dinners 12:30 PM
Santiago Jimenez Jr. 1:30 PM
La Misa Negra 2:35 PM
Bidi Bidi Banda 3:40 PM
Piñata Protest 4:50 PM
El Conjunto Nueva Ola 6:10 PM
El Dusty 7:15 PM
Making Movies 8:30 PM
Brownout 9:50 PM
Arneson River Theatre
Blackbird Sing Noon
The Please Help 1:05 PM
Ghost Tracks 2:10 PM
FEA 3:15 PM
Maria del Pilar 4:15 PM
Eddie & the Valiants 5:20 PM
Alyson Alonzo 6:40 PM
The Augie Meyers Group 8:00 PM
Plaza Nacional Stage
Mariachi Nuevo Estilo Noon
Callejeros de San Anto 1:10 PM
Tallercito de Son 2:15 PM
S.A. Grand Slam Poetry Champs 3:25 PM
Mariachi Flor de Jalisco 3:50 PM
Azul 5:10 PM
S.A. Grand Slam Poetry Champs 6:20 PM
Taquitos Family Stage
(Located at Plaza Juarez)
Kid's Story Time 12:30 PM
Kid's Yoga 1:15 PM
Paleta Break 2:00 PM
Sprouts Farmers Market Cooking Demo 2:30 PM
Tio Pelon Salsita Demo 3:15 PM
Paleta Break 3:45 PM
Tallercito de Son Children's Music Workshop 4:15 PM
(on Nueva Street)
DJ Chacho Noon
DJ Isaiah from TX 4:00 PM
DJ King Louie 7:30 PM
Photos from our 2017 United We Brunch event.
SATX INNER CITY DEVELOPMENT is a nonprofit, community based organization that responds to emergency, educational, and recreational needs of the neighborhood on the near Westside of San Antonio in the vicinity of the Alazan-Apache Public Housing Project. It has been operating in this area, the economically poorest area of Bexar County, since 1968. The mission of the organization is to lift the dignity of the individual. This is done by providing critical, supportive, basic life services and inspiring persons to participate in the betterment of their neighborhood through volunteerism. With the exception of one part-time administrative assistant, the organization is run by an all-volunteer staff and administration.
Official Hotel Partner
Book your room at our Official Hotel Partner, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - San Antonio Downtown, and stay right across the street from the festival. Special festival rates are available from April 2-6, 2020 (while rooms last) at a room rate of only $127 a night (plus taxes/fees). Use group code TF1
Are you interested in participating at Taco Fest Music Y Mas on Saturday, April 13th, 2019 from Noon-11p at La Villita? Please fill out this application to the best of your knowledge and one of the Taco Fest Music Y Mas team members will get with you on your application status within 7 business days. There is a limited amount of space please be patient as we sort through all inquiries.
Please fill out appropriate application
Travis Park • 301 E Travis St, San Antonio, TX 78205
While there is no designated parking area for Taco Fest, there are several nearby parking lots.
We encourage you to utilize the Travis Park Plaza garage:
[wufoo username="euclidmediagroup" formhash="zphpbpo189lhh9" autoresize="true" height="641" header="show" ssl="true"]
[wufoo username="euclidmediagroup" formhash="msu27xb1thv1ik" autoresize="true" height="528" header="show" ssl="true"]
The Great Taco Debate
The debate to end all debates. Resolved: Who has the best tacos, Austin or San Antonio? Join us in a special, live, in-person, verbal throw-down between a team from San Antonio, home of the humble yet sublime breakfast taco, and Austin, Texas, where its award-winning chefs have never met a taco they didn’t want to deconstruct. Moderated by “Taco U.S.A.” writer and pundit Gustavo Arellano. This debate to end all debates will be an entertaining and historical panel that will finally, and hopefully, settle the age old “best of” question, the Alamo city or the Capital City?
Team San Antonio
Theater Artist and La Feria High School Debating Champ
A Poet Who Writes About Tacos
Chef Johnny Hernandez
Celebrated Chef, Entrepreneur, and Founder and President of Grupo La Gloria and True Flavors Inc.
Dr. Melanie Haupt
Food Editor, Austin Chronicle
Taco Journalist, Tacos of Texas Podcast, United Tacos of America
Freelance Writer, Food and Beverage Enthusiast, and Author
|Mariachi Las Alteñas||12:00 PM|
|Santiago Jimenez||12:45 PM|
|Piñata Protest||3:45 PM|
|Grupo Frackaso||4:45 PM|
|El Conjunto Nueva Ola||5:45 PM|
|Taco Winners ANNOUNCED||7:00 PM|
|Luna Luna||7:15 PM|
|El Dusty||8:15 PM|
Frequently Asked Questions
Travis Park, 301 E Travis St, San Antonio, TX 78205
The festival entrance is at the corner of Navarro and Travis Streets. The box office for day-of ticket purchases is located on Travis St. between Navarro and Jefferson.
We will have over 30 independent restaurants, taquerias and food trucks at Taco Fest and all vendors are required to offer at least one $2 options for sale while supplies last. The tacos are not free. PLEASE NOTE: Not all taco vendors will serve until 11pm. We encourage everyone to get there early when the taco selection and pricing will be the best!
Festival gates open at noon on Saturday, May 14, 2022.
Tickets are available in advance here. General admission tickets get you access to all the taco vendors, main stage entertainment and Sound Cream Airstream. Children 12 & under are free.
We encourage you to avoid the lines and buy IN ADVANCE online.
An on-site box office will open at 11 am on May 14, 2022 on Travis St. between Navarro and Jefferson.
- Personal cameras (no professional lenses — please fill out the Media application on our website if you are planning media coverage)
- Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, earplugs
- Small backpacks or bags
- Leashed dogs
- Valid Driver's License or government issued picture ID if you are planning to purchase alcohol
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal Drugs
- Framed or large backpacks
- Glass containers
- Food or beverages (food and beverages will be available for sale)
- Skateboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (bike racks will be available outside the gates)
- Large bags
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Large umbrellas
- Audio/video recording equipment
- Metal aerosol cans
- Professional still camera equipment (no tripods, detachable lenses, etc.)
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed.
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
Yes! Once you have received your wristband, you will be able to come in and out of the festival grounds
Travis Park is an ADA accessible venue and we will have ADA bathrooms available. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org or to seek out a festival staff person on site.
Everyone 12 and older will need a ticket. Children 12 & under do not need a ticket when accompanied by an adult.
There will be no refunds. The festival is a rain or shine event.
We will have SAPD and EMT staff on site. In case of a emergency, seek out the SAPD, medic or a festival staff member.
Please observe all traffic officers and No Parking signs. We want to minimize traffic congestion in the area. There are numerous parking lots and garages in the surrounding downtown area. Please consider carpooling, ride-sharing or public transportation if you would like to minimize parking issues.
- MySA: Photos: San Antonio celebrates its favorite delicacy at Taco Music Fest
- San Antonio Current: Que Rico! San Antonio's Puro Taco Fest Returns to La Villita, Looks Even Better Than Last Year
- KENS5: Tickets for San Antonio's Taco Fest 2019 on sale
- NEWS4 San Antonio: Facebook live feed
- KENS5: First ever 'Taco Fest' taking over San Antonio this weekend
- San Antonio Express-News: Tacos and music converged Saturday at La Villita to blow San Antonio's mind
- KENS5: 'Taco Fest,' new festival for taco and music lovers coming this spring
- San Antonio Current: Introducing Taco Fest, the Most Puro San Antonio Music Festival Ever
- Austin Statesman-American: One Texas city is getting a taco fest. But it’s not Austin
- San Antonio Express-News: New downtown festival pairs tacos, live music
- Sobre Sound: A Taco Fest Heading to Downtown SA
- NEWS4 San Antonio: Celebrate San Antonio's unofficial dish with Taco Fest this spring
- Texas Hill Country: Taco Fest: Music y Más is Coming to San Antonio This Spring
- Rivard Report: New ‘Taco Fest’ Takes Over Maverick Festival’s April Spot at La Villita
- CultureMap: Hot new festival brings tacos, music y mas to downtown San Antonio
- FOX29: Taste some delicious tacos!
- MySA: 3rd annual Taco Fest returns to San Antonio with new music line-up
- Texas Monthly: Chow down on oh so many tacos
Our friends at Lyft have provided a promo code for Taco Fest guests!
Guests will receive 25% off (up to $2 per ride - 2 rides per guest) to or from the event. Rides are geofenced and must start or end at La Villita to receive the discount. Valid from Apr 13, 2019, 10:00 AM and Apr 14, 2019, 1:00 AM.