SAVE THE DATE: April 4, 2020
Saturday, April 4, 2020 • UTSA Downtown campus
Taco Fest features the greatest offering of San Antonio tacos ever assembled. A feast for the senses, Taco Fest celebrates San Antonio’s unofficial dish, with tacos from over 30 restaurants, taquerias and food trucks. Every vendor will have at least one $2 taco option, and taco vendors will compete in a variety of categories -
from Breakfast to Puffy to everything in between!
Taco Fest will have three music stages with national, regional and local acts.
Fun for the whole family, children under 10 are free!
General Admission Tickets include:
- Admission to Taco Fest and access to the main music stage (tacos will be available for purchase, starting at $2)
- Access to art vendors, games, Free Community Stages and cooking demos
Limited VIP Tickets Include:
- VIP Cantina with lounge and expanded seating
- Two-tiered viewing deck
- Dedicated restrooms with air-conditioning
- (4) vouchers for tacos from participating restaurants
- (2) drink tickets
- Specialty VIP cocktails
- Exclusive Firestone & Robertson Whiskey Bar
- Exclusive Deep Eddy Vodka Bar
- Custom Tio Pelon Salsita x Taco Fest salsa jar
- Dedicated wifi provided by AT&T Wireless
- AT&T Wireless charging station
- Lyft promo code
Congratulations to all the TACO FEST 2019 winners!
Best Specialty Taco (Judge’s Choice)
Catch the Wave - Picadillo and Corn in a Cup on a Blue Corn Tortilla
Sangria on the Berg - Skirt Steak Taco
Taqueria Datapoint - Taco Charro (Carne Asada)
Best Traditional Taco (Judge’s Choice)
Tomatillos - Street Taco (Carne Asada)
Restaurante Don Pablo - Carne Guisada
The Original Donut Cafe - Carne Guisada
People’s Choice Award
Tomatillos - Street taco (Carne asada on a corn tortilla)
Taqueria Datapoint - Taco Charro (Carne asada with onions)
Torchy’s - Trailer Park Taco (Fried chicken and green chile)
Check out these galleries from the 2019 Taco Music Fest!
Adolfo's Cafe • Ay Que Rico • Backwoods BBQ • Barbacoa Express • Cajun Boudain • Carnitas Don Raúl-USA • Catch the Wave • Chela's Tacos • Cover 3 • Don Pablo Restaurant • Down Range Cookin' • El Jarrito • La Botánica • Los Cocos Mexican, Seafood and Frutería • Mayitos Mexican Cafe • Mi Frijoles Catering • Mi Taquito Arandas Jalisco • Mister Diablo Taco Truck • Olla Express Cafe • Pico de Gallo • Puro Taco • Reyna's Tacos • Sancho's Cantina • Sangria on the Burg • The Original Donut Shop • The Texan Restaurant • Tomatillos • Torchy's Tacos • Triple T Tacos, Tortas and Tostadas • Viva Villa • Vera's Backyard Bar-B-Que • El Ultimó Taco • Maria's Cafe
Girl in a Coma
Santiago Jimenez Jr. • El Dusty • Salt Cathedral • The Zeros • El Conjunto Nueva Ola • Eddie & the Valiants • Estereomance • Los Nahuatlatos • Mexican Step Grandfather • Bombasta • Cesar K-Oso • Volcan • Miráme • Tallercito de Son • Los #3 Dinners • DJ Despeinada • Conjunto Heritage Taller • Mariachi Telpocame de Harlandale & more!
Maverick Plaza Stage
Los #3 Dinners 12:30 PM
Santiago Jimenez Jr. 1:30 PM
La Misa Negra 2:35 PM
Bidi Bidi Banda 3:40 PM
Piñata Protest 4:50 PM
El Conjunto Nueva Ola 6:10 PM
El Dusty 7:15 PM
Making Movies 8:30 PM
Brownout 9:50 PM
Arneson River Theatre
Blackbird Sing Noon
The Please Help 1:05 PM
Ghost Tracks 2:10 PM
FEA 3:15 PM
Maria del Pilar 4:15 PM
Eddie & the Valiants 5:20 PM
Alyson Alonzo 6:40 PM
The Augie Meyers Group 8:00 PM
Plaza Nacional Stage
Mariachi Nuevo Estilo Noon
Callejeros de San Anto 1:10 PM
Tallercito de Son 2:15 PM
S.A. Grand Slam Poetry Champs 3:25 PM
Mariachi Flor de Jalisco 3:50 PM
Azul 5:10 PM
S.A. Grand Slam Poetry Champs 6:20 PM
Taquitos Family Stage
(Located at Plaza Juarez)
Kid's Story Time 12:30 PM
Kid's Yoga 1:15 PM
Paleta Break 2:00 PM
Sprouts Farmers Market Cooking Demo 2:30 PM
Tio Pelon Salsita Demo 3:15 PM
Paleta Break 3:45 PM
Tallercito de Son Children's Music Workshop 4:15 PM
(on Nueva Street)
DJ Chacho Noon
DJ Isaiah from TX 4:00 PM
DJ King Louie 7:30 PM
Photos from our 2017 United We Brunch event.
SATX INNER CITY DEVELOPMENT is a nonprofit, community based organization that responds to emergency, educational, and recreational needs of the neighborhood on the near Westside of San Antonio in the vicinity of the Alazan-Apache Public Housing Project. It has been operating in this area, the economically poorest area of Bexar County, since 1968. The mission of the organization is to lift the dignity of the individual. This is done by providing critical, supportive, basic life services and inspiring persons to participate in the betterment of their neighborhood through volunteerism. With the exception of one part-time administrative assistant, the organization is run by an all-volunteer staff and administration.
Official Hotel Partner
Book your room at our Official Hotel Partner, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - San Antonio Downtown, and stay right across the street from the festival. Special festival rates are available from April 2-6, 2020 (while rooms last) at a room rate of only $127 a night (plus taxes/fees). Use group code TF1
Are you interested in participating at Taco Fest Music Y Mas on Saturday, April 13th, 2019 from Noon-11p at La Villita? Please fill out this application to the best of your knowledge and one of the Taco Fest Music Y Mas team members will get with you on your application status within 7 business days. There is a limited amount of space please be patient as we sort through all inquiries.
Please fill out appropriate application
501 W. César E. Chávez Blvd. • San Antonio, TX 78207 • (210) 458-4011
Frequently Asked Questions
Ls Villita Historic Arts Village, 418 Villita St., San Antonio, TX 78205
Entrances to the ticketed portion of the festival are located at the corner of Alamo and Nueva Street and the corner of Nueva and Presa Street.
We will have over 30 independent restaurants, taquerias and food trucks at Taco Fest and all vendors are required to offer at least one $2 options for sale while supplies last. The tacos are not free. PLEASE NOTE: Not all taco vendors will serve until 11pm. We encourage everyone to get there early when the taco selection and pricing will be the best!
Festival gates open at noon on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
Tickets are available in advance here. General admission tickets are $25 and get you access to all the taco vendors, main stage entertainment and Sound Cream Airstream. Children 12 & under are free.
We encourage you to avoid the lines and buy IN ADVANCE or in person at The Current, 915 Dallas St., San Antonio, TX 78215.
An on-site box office will open at 11 am on April 13, 2019 at the intersection of Nueva and Alamo St.
- Personal cameras (no professional lenses — please fill out the Media application on our website if you are planning media coverage)
- Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, earplugs
- Small backpacks or bags
- Valid Driver's License or government issued picture ID if you are planning to purchase alcohol
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal Drugs
- Framed or large backpacks
- Glass containers
- Food or beverages (food and beverages will be available for sale)
- Skateboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (bike racks will be available outside the gates)
- Large bags
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Large umbrellas
- Audio/video recording equipment
- Metal aerosol cans
- Professional still camera equipment (no tripods, detachable lenses, etc.)
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed.
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
Yes! Once you have received your wristband, you will be able to come in and out of the festival grounds
La Villita is an ADA accessible venue and we will have ADA bathrooms available. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us beforehand at email@example.com or to seek out a festival staff person on site.
Everyone 13 and older will need a ticket. Children 12 & under do not need a ticket when accompanied by an adult.
There will be no refunds. The festival is a rain or shine event.
We will have SAPD and EMT staff on site. In case of a emergency, seek out the SAPD, medic or a festival staff member.
Please observe all traffic officers and No Parking signs. We want to minimize traffic congestion in the area. There are numerous parking lots and garages in the surrounding downtown area. Please consider carpooling, ride-sharing or public transportation if you would like to minimize parking issues.
- MySA: Photos: San Antonio celebrates its favorite delicacy at Taco Music Fest
- San Antonio Current: Que Rico! San Antonio's Puro Taco Fest Returns to La Villita, Looks Even Better Than Last Year
- KENS5: Tickets for San Antonio's Taco Fest 2019 on sale
- NEWS4 San Antonio: Facebook live feed
- KENS5: First ever 'Taco Fest' taking over San Antonio this weekend
- San Antonio Express-News: Tacos and music converged Saturday at La Villita to blow San Antonio's mind
- KENS5: 'Taco Fest,' new festival for taco and music lovers coming this spring
- San Antonio Current: Introducing Taco Fest, the Most Puro San Antonio Music Festival Ever
- Austin Statesman-American: One Texas city is getting a taco fest. But it’s not Austin
- San Antonio Express-News: New downtown festival pairs tacos, live music
- Sobre Sound: A Taco Fest Heading to Downtown SA
- NEWS4 San Antonio: Celebrate San Antonio's unofficial dish with Taco Fest this spring
- Texas Hill Country: Taco Fest: Music y Más is Coming to San Antonio This Spring
- Rivard Report: New ‘Taco Fest’ Takes Over Maverick Festival’s April Spot at La Villita
- CultureMap: Hot new festival brings tacos, music y mas to downtown San Antonio
- FOX29: Taste some delicious tacos!
Our friends at Lyft have provided a promo code for Taco Fest guests!
Guests will receive 25% off (up to $2 per ride - 2 rides per guest) to or from the event. Rides are geofenced and must start or end at La Villita to receive the discount. Valid from Apr 13, 2019, 10:00 AM and Apr 14, 2019, 1:00 AM.